Sunday, April 28, 2013

High School Nostalgia - PROM edition

A few weeks ago, I was deemed the official chauffeur of taking my younger sister to her makeup and hair appointments for her senior prom. Can I just say, girls these days have MUCH better fashion sense than when I was a senior. All her friends had gorgeous dresses, impeccable makeup, and hair to die for. If only I could go back and do mine all over again...



First stop was blo blow-dry bar to get her hair done. This was my first time here, and I'm glad she chose this place. The decor was awesome, and there were tons of girls getting all glammed up for prom. Plus, my sister got her hair washed, blow-dried, and then curled all for just $35! I mean, that just can't be beat.

 Next stop: Sephora. The makeup artist who did her makeup was great and really knew what she was doing. She was hilarious and had us both laughing the whole time. (Which makes it really hard to put makeup on someone).


 I had to get a corsage picture. The colors she picked out worked perfectly with her and her date's outfits.

I used this picture on an earlier post, but I am obsessed with those sparkly blue shoes! I really need to figure out where they are from. Everyone looked so gorgeous!

During my prom *ahem* 8-ish years ago, I remember obsessing over what dress I should wear and dragging my mom to a million different stores, before just settling on something. My hair was way too curly, and I don't even remember if I wore heels or not. Thank god I've matured since then and I like to think my fashion sense is a whole lot better now. 

:)

D

No comments:

Post a Comment